Successful behavioral health professionals require active and supportive supervision to ensure they are providing high-quality services that are needed (and deserved!) by the people they serve. And while individual performance is the building block of organizational success, too often coaching and guidance is ineffective and inadequate. This two-hour session will focus on performance management, the continuous process of identifying, measuring, and developing the performance of individuals and teams. Grounded in the work of Dr. Herman Aguinis, a renowned researcher in the field of performance management, this session will provide an understanding of the entire performance management cycle. Participants will learn why performance management is important and will be provided with a description of five universal best practices that are essential performance management techniques. All learning will be grounded in the context of real-world examples that demonstrate performance management’s applicability to behavioral health providers and agencies.
• Define performance management within the context of behavioral health agencies
• Express the multiple phases of the performance management cycle, for both individuals and teams
• Identify the five universal best practices that are essential to performance management processes
Important notes regarding CEUs and Attendance:
• Each participant must submit an individual registration to receive CEUs. Please do not share your unique webinar access link.
• CEUs will be awarded to attendees that participate in the full webinar, which will be automatically recorded by Zoom upon your arrival to and departure from the webinar. Partial credit will not be awarded, with no exceptions. Be sure to plan ahead so that you are logged into the webinar on time.
• CEUs will be reported to CE Broker within 30 days for those who provide their license numbers upon registration or when completing the post-course evaluation.