Following this presentation, participants will :
- Recognize the linkage between reducing access to lethal means and preventing suicide
- Understand the importance of engaging the firearm community in this work
- Be able to identify at least two ways that they could implement these initiatives in their communities
The session will include:
- why reducing access to lethal means – especially firearms – is effective in preventing suicide
- examples of ways these are being implemented in Ohio and beyond
- tips for implementation
Important notes regarding CEUs and Attendance:
•Each participant must submit an individual registration to receive CEUs. Please do not share your unique Zoom webinar link.
•CEUs will be awarded to attendees that participate in the full webinar, which will be automatically recorded by Zoom upon your arrival to and departure from the webinar. Partial credit will not be awarded, with no exceptions. Be sure to plan ahead so that you are logged into the webinar on time.
•CEUs will be reported to CE Broker within 30 days for those who provide their license numbers upon registration or when completing the post-course evaluation.
The Ohio State University College of Social Work is an approved provider of The State of Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage & Family Therapist Board. Provider Number: RCST111747
The Ohio State University College of Social Work is an approved provider of The Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board. Provider Number: 50-24068
We strive to host inclusive, accessible events that enable all individuals, including individuals with disabilities, to engage fully. You may request an accommodation or inquire about accessibility by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.